What to bring?
- Referral from GP or other specialist (this is required in order for you to receive a Medicare rebate)
- Medicare card
- Private health fund membership details, if applicable
- Complete and current list of your medications
- Any previous tests (blood tests or X-rays/scans) previously performed by another doctor
- Previous gastroscopy/colonoscopy reports if you have had them performed elsewhere
What to expect?
At consultation, Dr Santosh will listen to your description of the problem, ask any further questions about your symptoms and medical history, perform an examination, provide the likely diagnoses, and provide you with the options for management. Sometimes, additional tests may be required, and he will outline arrangements for these to be performed.
The practice has a transparent and considerate billing policy. Patients who provide a valid referral from their GP or other specialist receive a significant proportion of their consultation fees back from Medicare as a rebate. If procedures are performed, these are all billed with "No Gap" to the patient - i.e. no out of pocket cost to the patient for practitioner fees.